A Note from the Director:
Dear Pastors and Praying Friends,
We are delighted to announce the addition of two new Bases of Operations for Gulf Atlantic Diocese Disaster Relief ministry… The Rt. Rev. John Miller is assisting our efforts along the East Coast of FL through Christ Church Vero Beach. The Venerable Jorge Finlay has offered Christ the King for ministering to the needs of victims present and future in Broward, Dade and Monroe counties.
We are Making a difference in people’s lives for Jesus Christ. You and your church can be a part of that Blessing! Won’t you please share this request for prayer and support with your church?
IrmaRelief Needs you!
Want to be part of a dynamic ministry touching hundreds of lives for Christ this Christmas?!! Opportunities are available for all ages and abilities to serve on a short term mission trip to Miami??! J
This is a wonderful opportunity to be the body of Christ in action! Teams are needed for: Prayer and Counseling, Food team (cooking and KP), Care Bag distribution, carpentry and clean up.
When: Wednesday December 27th – Sunday December 31st.
What: IrmaRelief.faith is sending teams to Miami to help rebuild homes damaged by the hurricane.
How: Call IrmaRelief Director Ric Smith at 706-329-4553, or fill out the contact form on IrmaRelief.faith to join a team, send a team or for more information.
Cost: Your transportation, possibly food? The church is providing housing and showers. Bring a sleeping bag or cot. [We are hoping meals will be provided at the church.]
Carpools may be available so if you plan to come please call us to find out if there is space for you?!
A team from St Johns Island, SC will bring can bring a 6’x12’ covered trailer to bring down supplies; plus sheet rock tools, utility knives, nail pouches, hammers, skill saws, nail guns cordless drills, etc. If you can help with demo. or reconstruction and have tools please bring them with you.
Prayer is the foundation of this ministry.
If you cannot join the teams heading south but want to pray with us please join our prayer teams around the country:
- Praying for Safety for our teams during each day and for their safety in travel.
- Pray Fr. Jorge will be able to build lasting relationships with many pastors and priests. We hope to locate and help many more in need throughout the greater Miami area.
- Pray we can help many hurting families who have no way to rebuild after the hurricane. So many have lost hope and/or perhaps are waiting for God to come down and touch them in some tangible way? The blessed news is they don’t even know we are praying for them! Pray God will have His way in every life connected to this project, in every facet of outreach, including all those we will reach over 6 days of ministry.
- Praying for Donations of furniture and bedding to fill a three bedroom house (former rectory) and 1 bedroom apartment. We are asking for three or four double or queen size beds. Other items needed include cook ware, eating ware, glasses and flatware for both locations. Christ the King Anglican is using both residences to house missionary teams December through March.
- Pray for the door to door work in neighborhoods close to Christ the King Anglican Church. Pray with us 400+ would be touched by the Grace of God through the Care Bag Ministry and many would receive God’s Greatest Gift of all, His Son Jesus the Christ!
For more information please visit the website or contact us! Many thanks to each of you for continuing prayers, support and ministry serving our Lord Jesus the Christ.
Awaiting His glorious return,
Rev. Frederic Sterry Smith
Disaster Relief Coordinator
Our Team In Action
How you can help
Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. - Romans 12:13
Hurricane Irma left behind a path of destruction across FL. There are many ways you can help us relieve the pain and suffering.
Irma News Stories
- Video - Bishop’s Address from The Gulf Atlantic Diocese Synod on Saturday Nov. 11th, 2017
- Vimeo Video - Bishop’s Address from The Gulf Atlantic Diocese Synod on Saturday Nov. 11th, 2017
- YouTube Video - Holy Cross Florida Mission Trip Oct. ’17
- Praise from Bishop Neil Lebhar
- We have had several meaningful encounters with victims through our outreach project in North East Florida... Read More
- Listen to Pastor Brook’s Interview regarding Irma (MP3)
- Listen to Irma Relief Message (MP3)
From Around the web about Irma: